Stacey Davis is an estate and trust administration paralegal based in New York’s capital region. She has a passion for writing and self-improvement.
This blog is where I will ask tough questions and attempt to answer them objectively.
- Can I escape over-achievement hell?I’d like to start this post by stating that I don’t have an answer to this question. It is going to require time, patience, and persistent experimentation. Having been born in 1983, I am on the older side of the Millennial generation. According to The Balance Careers, we have various characteristics in common, including being… Continue reading Can I escape over-achievement hell?
- How Do I Calm Down? [Personal Tips To Help Find Sanity “In The Moment”]My anxiety manifested when I was around 8 years old. While other kids may have self-soothed by sucking their thumb or biting their nails, I began chewing the taste buds off of my tongue. I would chew until my tongue bled, with sores all across the front and sides. It remains my tic to this… Continue reading How Do I Calm Down? [Personal Tips To Help Find Sanity “In The Moment”]
- Personal Reflection: Quitting and Mediocrity.When I wrote the blogs about quitting and mediocrity, I had no idea that these questions would become extremely relevant in my life within just a few weeks. Just a week and a half ago, I was a student pursuing my Bachelor’s degree at Purdue Global University. I was (and still am) a full time… Continue reading Personal Reflection: Quitting and Mediocrity.
- Where’s the line between venting and toxicity?Who hasn’t felt lighter after venting to a friend? Humans are not meant to be corked bottles; there are great mental, emotional, and physical health benefits in expressing our feelings and letting them out. In addition, our listener may provide clarity and perspective that we are unable to see while we are “in the moment”,… Continue reading Where’s the line between venting and toxicity?
- Is Mediocrity Really Mediocre?Merriam Webster defines mediocre as definition of mediocre reads “of moderate or low quality, value, ability, or performance : ORDINARY, SO-SO” I’ve always felt my mediocrity rather keenly. I’m neither rich or famous. I see talented people on T.V. doing amazing things and athletes achieving astonishing feats! While I can do many things passably, I… Continue reading Is Mediocrity Really Mediocre?