Stacey Davis is an estate and trust administration paralegal based in New York’s capital region. She has a passion for writing, self-improvement, and creating.
- How do I get through the loss of a parent?In my last post, I shared that my mother passed away. I have been plodding along at a slower pace since then and although I have my moments of sadness and anger (the latter being in situations that do not generally call for it), I feel I am doing pretty well. My counselor had suggested… Continue reading How do I get through the loss of a parent?
- Life Happens: How do I know when it’s time for a new career?The turn into 2021 suggested a cosmic shift for me. I recall feeling that big things were going to happen this year, the largest of which would be the saddest – the passing of my mother. We had no way of knowing in January that it was going to happen (and it happened 11 days… Continue reading Life Happens: How do I know when it’s time for a new career?
- So, can a Budget Planner REALLY help me? [Final thoughts]I have come to the end of my budgeting experiment. See my prior posts HERE, HERE, HERE… I learned quite a bit about myself by using that little Walmart budget planner. Forcing myself to write out everything I spent held me accountable to my goals of minimizing my purchases, condensing purchases when necessary, prioritizing my… Continue reading So, can a Budget Planner REALLY help me? [Final thoughts]
- But seriously: Can I get by without an emergency fund?If you have been following my more recent posts, they relate to budgeting, money-management, and learning more about my personal relationship with money. The importance of an emergency fund is no joke. However, according to Next Advisor, 40% of Americans do not even have the funds to cover a $400 emergency, and 70% of the… Continue reading But seriously: Can I get by without an emergency fund?
- Relationships in my 30’s: How is it I’m finding myself but losing others?Later this year, I turn 38 – my 20th year high school reunion, if we were to have one. While I feel as if I know less and less about life the older I get…I do know that since nearing my mid-30’s, I am cautious about meeting new people. I like that word – “cautious”,… Continue reading Relationships in my 30’s: How is it I’m finding myself but losing others?